Sunday, August 29, 2010

Maiya's Princess Party!

Well, I do realize that I have taken a bit of a break from my blog.  My last real post was 2 months ago! I've never taken that long of a break before. And I don't really have a good excuse for it.  Except for the fact that after almost 5 months of 2 or 3 dr's appointments per week, I am not really tied down to anything right now and I have been enjoying the freedom.  (on second thought... that is a pretty good excuse). 

Well, while I was on my 'blog break'.... Maiya turned 2!  I know, crazy right!?!  She really enjoyed her princess party. She felt so special, and still likes to tell everyone how great it was 2 weeks later!   

  She is such a big girl and I am loving her big girl stage.  I love piggy tales.  She loves Barbie movies, Tinkerbell, and Princess anything.  She amazes us daily with all of her new words and phrases, and her sweet little personality (and not to mention the sour side too)... she can be quite sassy when she wants to be.  She's had to learn to be feisty to defend herself from her big brother. But, I like that side of her too.  She loves to color and to draw, and is quite good at it.  She already holds a pen like I do when she draws.  She even cuts with scissors. 
Here is a video of her blowing out her candles.  She just figured it out all on her own!  I also love her little squeal at the end.

6 comments:

Tina Beana said...

Ah, she's such a cute little girl! Looks like it was a really fun birthday! :) Can't believe she's 2 already, wow!

Theresa said...

Oh my goodness!! 2! already. what a big girl and I must say isn't she adorable.

Lillian said...

Oh Meg, she is gorgeous! Is she seriously already 2? I haven't seen her since she was a newborn, so I forget she's so close to Ella's age. What a cutie. I wish we lived closer!

Jr Tea Family said...

That was a fun party! she is growing up so quickly!

Amber Patten said...

So Cute. Love the tutu. She is quite the little lady!

whitney said...

I just love the princess stage. Although, I don't really know if it's a stage...I guess mine hasn't really ever gone away, lol.

Happy Birthday Miss Maiya!